Saturday, September 18, 2004

Oscar's and Zapata's

Being a good girl, I am constantly on the up and up. (Not the down and down!) It has been a grueling (hmm...) first week on the job. Rather unstructured, but certainly interesting. Having some difficulty in communication with colleagues. It makes me appreciate the common language of English! Nonetheless, must not halt in my pursuit to improve Chinese. So far, I've only been to two bars (and both in one night!): Oscar's and Zapata's. Will improve my record soon. Gotta start focusing on what I need to get done instead of being irked by dirtiness of the city (longing for lovely, smog-free Bay Area). Really enjoy watching old people dancing at night, which is a common occurence. Swishing around town in a taxi, the city is a place for money-makers. Needs a place for status-breakers. Shanghai is an infinitely beautiful city ... at night. It is simply lovely at night. Once I figure out where everything is, get over tummy aches (really craving french fries), and get more energy to hang out, will start doing the check off list! Want to see someone who is hesitant to come ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home