Sunday, September 19, 2004

First Bit on the Job

Something that pervades the Shanghai markets: Lots and lots of bootlegged goods! Smash the Intellectual Property! Capitalize on the Capitalist Roadsters!

I will take a picture of the office once I get my camera back. (Did I mention that I realized I forgot to bring it when I was at SFO?) I will take lots of photos of crazy stuff around town. Like the deer head in the window display of a medicine shop. The old dudes in beaters who gather around chess tables on weekends. The little tiny live crabs for sale. The lovely view from my office window: a smokestack, a hospital, bamboo scaffolding, a bright orange low-rise apartment building (that looks like it comes from Panoramic Interests' portfolio! Eek), the sports stadium, a concrete bridge, and lots and lots of highrises on the smoggy horizon.

First assignment: office building facade schematic design. 75m x 25m x 25m!Second assignment: planned community design competition! 250 sq.km!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home