Saturday, October 16, 2004

It's Comfortable

Ah, the perks of the well-connected lifestyle.

I dunno, I'm starting to see just how damn comfortable corporations are to work for. Money. Who cares about the systems-of-exploitation-upon-which-they-rest, when, as one of the highest educated employees, you can get a shitload of perks such as huge bonuses, housing packages, drivers, industry insider networks, lots and lots of expensed entertainment, etc etc etc. Maybe it's just the circles I happen to be a part of, but why does it seem like everyone is so money hungry! (I guess this is typical anywhere). Everyone, work in a multinational for a few years in the States and head over here! Take advantage of our incredible global inequality! Here, you can live like you can never dream of living in the States! The average income for Chinese is 2000 RMB. A lower income for a foreigner is 24,000 RMB.

Yes, I feel okay saying this because I have a mediocre income. (My apologies for being so cynical, I guess I am part of the whole scene, too ... 150 RMB magaritas!) Since I'm not in a position that is directly aiding the welfare of the underprivileged, I suppose ranting like this is just mental garbage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home