Monday, September 20, 2004

On the Job

This is what I did today. This is my very first assignment on the job, which is a low priority thing for a developer client. It's a office building on a huge planned commercial lot. The buildings around it are totally tool-y and corporate. So then, what fits in more than another toolish, square building for sweaty guys in ill-fitting suits? I was carrying the model down to the tennis court to take pics, and ran into the principal in the hallway. He said, "It reminds me of one of those cosmetics display cases!" I said, "Right on!" Later he said something like, German designs are too dry for Chinese clients. MVRDV, baby! I gotta finish it tomorrow ... damn.

(Yep, that's SketchUp! This office does all their schematics on SketchUp.) Don't worry, I'm hoping it doesn't get built, too. We are waiting for the corporate people to be confused by the strange protruding boxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home